The Best of Philadelphia Dining Scene
Marrakesh endows patrons with an authentic Moroccan feast, fused with a traditional Moroccan family home setting in the Society Hill District. Accented with imported rugs, vibrant-colored pillows, and sweet incense, the banquet room encompasses everything that is Moroccan decor, allowing guest to lounge in a tranquil environment at a communal table among other diners or a private table. A seven course dining experience, Marrakesh’s menu features arrangement of illustrious Moroccan dishes, which will satisfy guest’s craving for authentic Mediterranean fare. For a reasonable price, patrons can pamper their palates with Tajine of Lamb with Almonds and Honey or Couscons Grand Atlas Topped with Vegetables. Guests will end their meal with a basket of fresh fruits and hot mint tea paired with pastries, which brings the Moroccan experience at Marrakesh to a full circle accompanied with an appeased appetite.
Fresh Crumbs are the tidbits at the table—conversation topics, recent news, upcoming events. In this new addition to our website, we keep abreast of the latest “crumbs” to help you get the most out of your next dining experience. See what crumbs our writers have uncovered lately!
- Lobster Mondays and Brunch on Sundays at Route 6
- Route 6 in the Fairmount/Art Museum District is offering two exciting specials. First, a 3 course Lobster dinner is available for just $37.00 per person ... more
- Coffee: It's Not Just for Breakfast Anymore
- This article explores the health benefits of drinking coffee, including increased mental attention and a lower risk of developing deadly diseases and cancer. While there ... more
- The Gluten-Free Giant
- The gluten-free lifestyle has increasingly gained popularity during the last few years. This article provides an overall synopsis of this diet and exposes some of ... more
- Unearthing the Truffle: A Guide Through Truffle 101
- Truffles have been an alluring culinary ingredient for over thousands of years. This article decodes the cultivation and harvesting methods of this extraordinary fungus, as ... more
- To Your Health Part 5: Get Some Sleep!
- The fifth installment in a series of articles on how to improve your overall health. This article covers the importance of sleep. From establishing a ... more
While it's a monster spot for cheese steaks, and maybe cream cheese, Philadelphia food holds its own in the ring, just as Rocky did. Some might say its neighboring city to the northeast might be the hot spot when it comes to all-encompassing cuisine, but the City of Brotherly Love wraps its arms around its own epicurean family. Of course, there's a solid amount of cuisines other than just Philly fare. The traditional Italian joints in the city are expected, but does Indian ring a bell? Fresh seafood and oysters? Chinese? Sushi? Mexican? Spanish? French? Philly is a melting pot of different ethnic backgrounds so you're going to find all of what you'd like on a plate and more. So read up on our writers' restaurant reviews while they get “Wit” it on the newest and best restaurants, “Wit-out” the fluff.